Setback. Frame had to get repainted.

After i got the frame back from the powder coat shop, i kept looking at it in my garage thinking something wasn’t right. It was much too shiny. I got our original paint swatch back and low and behold, it wasn’t the correct color.
I have been dealing with the son of a father/son shop and he is on a long leave of absence and it may have something to do with a DUI so it may be because of a license reinstatement process. The dad is amazing (Mike) and great to deal with. I brought everything back, he was super cool about it. It turns out, that he didn’t know that they were supposed to add an epoxy based clear coat which changes the color of the coating under it. So… after another few weeks of waiting. They finally finished re-masking everything and coating it with the clear coat.
Time to build!!!

Something is wrong. After getting the paint swatch, it was clear the color was incorrect.

Bingo. We have a match. License plate bracket is in the photo

Unwrapped a few more parts. Swatch is in the top left.

Frame and centerstand. To be assembled very soon…